RULES & INDEMNITY
The purpose of this document is to let you know the rules and regulations IN ADVANCE so that you can fully benefit from the event. We hope this information will help you in planning your race and communicating with us. We have developed these rules and regulations to ensure the event remains safe and successful. Of course, not all situations can be covered in this guide, so special considerations will be made by the Event Owner and Event Organizer from time to time. Any questions regarding matters that are not included here can be directed to our team HERE. We will be glad to clarify.
RULES & REGULATIONS
Warriors Challenge 2018 (“Event”) is organised by Universiti Pertahanan Nasional Malaysia (UPNM) & Persatuan Veteran ATM (the “Event Organiser”), and managed by Warisan Advertising Sdn Bhd (“the Event Manager”). The rules and regulations, available at www.warriorschallenge.com.my (“the Official Website”) are applicable to all participants.
By submitting the application to participate in the Event, the person named in the online form (“the Participant”) confirms his/her agreement to abide by these Rules & Regulations and Limitation of Liability, Waiver of Claims and Indemnity Agreement.
By submitting the application, the Participant also gives the Event Manager, the Event Organiser and the relevant business partners and agents permission to collect, use and disclose his/her personal data for purposes reasonably required for the conduct and promotion of the Event.
Registration for the Event is confirmed upon payment of the relevant registration fee and issuance of a registration number which will be emailed to the Participant by the Event Manager.
The Event Manager reserves the right to use any photographs, motion pictures, images, recordings and any other records of the Event and its Participants for any commercial advertising and promotional purposes linked to the Event or future events.
The Participant agrees to:
The Event Manager and/or the Event Organizer may contact the Participant from time to time by email, call, WhatsApp and/or SMS. The Participant agrees to receive notices in connection with the Event primarily through email.
After registration, there will be no refund of any registration fees to any Participants who does not in due course take part in the Event, for whatever reasons. Registration is also strictly non-transferable.
SECTION 1: ELIGIBILITY AND GENERAL CODE OF CONDUCTTo compete in the Warriors Challenge 2018 competitive race, athletes must meet the following requirements:
- Athletes must be at least 17 years of age on the day of the event.
- Athletes must adhere to World Anti-Doping Agency code for performance enhancing drugs and prohibited substances.
- Athletes must adhere to all rules set forth by Warriors Challenge 2018 administrators and officials.
- Competitors are held to the highest standard of conduct throughout the course of the event. This includes:.
- Always conducting oneself in a sportsmanlike manner towards fellow competitors, spectators and officials.
- Adhering to all rules of competition.
- Understanding that they are representative of a growing athletic community and behaving responsibly throughout the event.
SECTION 2: TIME KEEPING AND DISTANCE
- All athletes must complete the full Obstacles Courses.
- All athletes are required to start in their assigned wave (group). Athletes are not permitted to start in any other wave (group) under any circumstances. Athletes found to be in violation of this protocol will be disqualified from competition.
- Athletes must report to the start line thirty (30) minutes before their assigned start time for a mandatory race briefing. As with all premier endurance races, the starting time for all athletes will be the “gun time” (e.g. if a wave(group) starts at 8:00, each athlete in that wave(group) is assigned the same starting time).
- In addition, please note the following:
Athletes will collect their race number from race pack collection day that will be announced later. This is required to be worn during the event and SHOULD NOT BE REMOVED. Under no circumstances will athletes be permitted to start the event without their race number.
SECTION 3: RACING, OBSTACLES AND COURSE
STAYING ON COURSE
- It is the responsibility of all athletes to stay on-course and within the boundaries and markings set by race officials. Obstacles are numbered 1, 2, 3, etc it is your responsibility to ensure you complete all obstacles.
- In the event that an athlete runs off-course, he/she must return to the original point of deviation to resume competition. Should an athlete need to leave the course for a comfort break, he/she must resume racing at the exact point of exit.
- Any athlete that gains advantage by circumventing the course (as designed by race officials), whether intentionally or unintentionally, will be disqualified from competition.
- Completion of all obstacles is MANDATORY to be eligible for finisher medal. There will be alternatives to obstacles such as burpees, push-ups, or other physical penalty.
- In the event an athlete fails an obstacle, he/she will be permitted two additional attempts, provided he/she is not blocking the path of another athlete who is attempting to complete the obstacle for the first time.
- If an athlete still fails to complete an obstacle, he/she will be assessed a time penalty. Athletes receiving time penalties are still allowed to continue racing and considered finishers. All time penalties are applied after the event (no penalty boxes).
- Additionally, athletes are required to maintain forward progress on all obstacles and throughout the course (e.g. sitting atop cargo nets or walls is not permitted) and every effort must be made not to obstruct a fellow competitor. Slower athletes are required to yield to approaching athletes.
- Athletes found to be excessively infringing (blocking) on another athlete’s ability to progress may be subject to penalty or disqualification by race officials.
- During the race or with the exception of medical emergency, athletes may not receive outside assistance (including receiving nutrition or equipment) from any other source. This does not include verbal instruction or support from coaches or supporters. Slower and faster athletes must demonstrate mutual respect during closely spaced/single-track areas of the course. Faster athletes are encouraged to call out “Passing” (or similar) when approaching slower athletes. The athlete being passed must permit enough space to allow the approaching athlete to safely pass. Additional restrictions may be announced at pre-race briefings.
SECTION 4: GEAR, APPAREL & NUTRITIONAthletes are encouraged to express their individuality, sport team/country apparel while being appropriately dressed for an endurance racing events. Please note the following:
- Glasses are allowed but discouraged for safety reasons.
- Hydration packs are allowed.
- Beyond shoes and gloves or protective gear (i.e. elbow pads or knee pads), clothing/personal equipment may not be used in to assist the completion of an obstacle.
- Alcohol, weapons, and other dangerous objects are not permitted on the course.
- Additionally, all athletes must exit the course with all items they brought in. Littering or the discarding of personal property during the race may result in disqualification from competition.
SECTION 5: PENALTIES
- The application of any penalties, including but not limited to time penalties and disqualification, are administered solely by Warriors Challenge 2018 Officials.
- When a violation has been identified, the offending athlete will be immediately informed of the penalty by race staff as soon as practicable.
- Athletes will be penalized for infringements such as:
- Failure to complete an obstacle.
- Not starting at his/her starting time.
- Intentionally or unintentionally going off-course.
- Engaging in unsportsmanlike conduct, including but not limited to: the use of performance-enhancing drugs, making unnecessary contact with or hindering a competitor, verbal/physical abuse of race officials or volunteers, modifying course markings, using offensive or derogatory language, receiving outside assistance, littering on the course, blocking (failure to yield to) other competitors, or failing to follow the direction of race officials.
- Any athlete assessed a penalty may be appealed. Athletes wishing to appeal a penalty must submit their appeal to Warriors Challenge 2018 Officials via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) within 24 hours of the event. Appeals are not accepted after 24 hours of the event. In the event of an appeal, race officials will conduct a thorough review of the infringement and penalty, and issue its findings within 72 hours.
SECTION 6: SAFETY AND EMERGENCIES
- The safety of all athletes, spectators, and staff is paramount. In the event of an emergency, all parties should follow the explicit instruction of event staff.
- Athletes that assist in an emergency may be permitted to begin the race again at the sole discretion of Warriors Challenge 2018 Officials.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
I (the undersigned), by submitting the application, do hereby confirm that I have read and understood the Terms and Conditions as well as the Rules pertaining to “Warriors Challenge 2018” event organized by the Persatuan Veteran ATM (PVATM) at the Universiti Pertahanan Nasional Malaysia (UPNM) on the 24th November 2018. And I do hereby consider myself bound by them.
I warrant that my general health, including my physical and mental well-being is good and there is nothing which render myself unfit to participate in “Warriors Challenge 2018”. Further, in amplification of the above, I warrant that I have disclosed any special medical conditions or needs I may have, and I warrant that I am physically and mentally capable to participate in “Warriors Challenge 2018”.
I am fully aware and understood that I will be facing some difficult and extreme conditions in participating in “Warriors Challenge 2018”, and also the dangers unknown to both myself and the Organizer. I nonetheless hereby indemnify and hold harmless the Organizer, its members, officials, marshals, employees, associates, agents, sponsors, the landowner or landowners, contractors and all other service providers acting on their behalf against any claims howsoever and whatsoever arising, for any loss or damage resulting from any bodily injury, disability, psychological harm, loss of life or loss or damage to property, including any such loss, injury, disability or damage which can be attributed to any act or omission on the part of the INDEMNIFIED PARTIES, or my co-participants, which I may sustain whilst participating in “Warriors Challenge 2018”.
I furthermore hereby indemnify and hold the INDEMNIFIED PARTIES harmless against any and all claims which may be made against one or more of the INDEMNIFIED PARTIES, in respect of any matters referred to the above, by my Estate, any of my dependents, heirs or beneficiaries, successors-in title or assigns.
IN SIGNING THIS INDEMNITY, I also warrant that I am an adult of sound mind and that I am aware of my legal right to take legal advice in regard to the contents thereof and I declare that I have read through the INDEMNITY and I know and understand its terms and consequences thereof and fully agree to bind my myself to the INDEMNITY provisions.
Are you chicken?
Conquer Warriors Challenge 2018 obstacles & unleash your full potential. No pain, no gain.Registration for Warriors Challenge 2018 officially closed.
Please read and understand the Rules & Regulations